Saturday, January 30, 2010

Random Acts of Kindness

Following suit after reading Dad's post:

Yesterday started out crumby, but there are too many good people in the world to let it end the same way. At Target, one of the other ladies stopped and helped me roll the empty z-bars into the back room, and the day just got better from there.

The peak of it all was when I got out of my car to work at the theatre. The parking pass I have is for a lot waaaaaay up in the corner of campus, and the theatre sits pretty close to the center. As I was getting out of my car in the middle of the parking lot, I saw the bus pull up. I started "high-stepping" toward it, without much hope of getting anywhere close before the bus pulled away. Another girl dodged from between two cars and started the same. "I don't think we're going to make it." Sure enough, we were about 200 yards away when the doors closed and the bus lurched forward. We slowed down, but just before the bus pulled into traffic, the driver saw us. He stopped the bus and opened the doors for us. We "high-stepped" the rest of the way. When we got inside, the driver said, "I ought to charge you triple for waiting." The bus is free on campus.

1 comment:

Tio Bruno said...

You probably high step faster than I do. At least I hope you do. Especially when you're not weighted down with the week's groceries.