Monday, April 12, 2010

My Cake Wreck

I had everyone over for a barbecue at my house to present James with his birthday present of a new charcoal smoker and grill. Because it was an unofficial birthday celebration, I made a cake. James requested a strawberry cake with kiwi icing. The internet gave me a recipe, and we ate one delicious cake.

Leah posted a photo of her cake, which looked something like this:


Expertly frosted, garnished with fresh strawberries and a dollop of cream. Probably tasted delicious.

I have never been very good at cakes. I'm finally at the point in my life where I can get it out of the pan in one piece. These are the reasons my cake came out something like this:



I'll work on that. For now, I'll stick with cupcakes.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Hahahahah!!!! Your cake is funny. If it makes you feel better, I made a pastel green Yoda cake with runny frosting for Dylan and Liv's birthday one year. It was sad. That Easter cake of mine boasts the first successful batch of frosting I've ever made in my whole life, if it makes you feel any better.

Also, I had to type in stickygob to post.

Tio Bruno said...

Re-read my bread posts and you'll feel better about yourself!

"oldedoe" for me. Didn't Abba sing that?