Sunday, July 11, 2010

Meringues

I found an awesome recipe for Meringue cookies in my magic cookbook, and though I'd share what an amazing desert I made. I whipped 3 egg whites, 1/4 tsp cream of tartar, and 1/2 cup brown sugar until stiff peaks appeared. If you desire, you can fold in some pecans, but I did not desire. Spoon into 8 or so globs and smooth with the back of a spoon. It is best to put them on parchment paper, because they are very sticky when baked. Bake at 250 for one hour, then turn off heat and allow to sit in warm oven for 2 hours.



Fill the completed meringues with a fruit of your choice. James's choice was peaches.




Top with a scoop of ice cream, or a dollop of whipped cream.



And you will have the best dessert ever. Also, we ran out of fruit and put some Nutella in the grove with a scoop of ice cream. Not as healthy as the fruit, but just as tasty.

1 comment:

Tio Bruno said...

Yeah, but 3 hours? In this day and age? That's a long time for a tasty dessert. But I'll probably try it.