Monday, October 13, 2008

My New Home

Let me give you a tour of my new place. I will be living here for the next year of my life, hopefully. I have the basement bedroom of a three bedroom townhouse. I live in the yellow one on the left, and that is my boyfriend James standing on the front porch.


You enter first into a small entryway with an insufficient amount of linoleum on the floor, considering you have to step onto the carpet to close the door behind yourself most of the time anyway. The stairs lead up to my two roommates' bedrooms and their shared bathroom.


Although a little bare, the living room is generally very clean, and altogether unused. Ever since my roommates banished their 13-inch television to the basement with me, I have had no reason to sit up there. I never have visitors, because I usually go to the neighbor's house to hang out with all of James's military friends.


The kitchen and dining area is one of my favorite places. There is a very nice set up for cooking, although I would rather have the stove on the other side of the sink. The dishwasher in in the way most of the time. None of us use it. However, the counter is always spread with my cooking concoctions.

This is the view from our back deck. Not much to say here, we never use it. Although, our next door neighbors have some pretty happenin' parties on football weekends.


Down the stairs, there is this awkward little "bonus room." I have yet to meet anyone who actually uses this room. Most people keep all their social things, like televisions and games, up in the living room. I have the little 13-inch television in that entertainment center. It looks goofy, but it works.



I couldn't really fit my entire room into one picture, so I took two. This is my desk and closet at one end, with the little buffer shelf to hold all of my prized possessions, and on the other side is my bed, dresser, and restroom.

I think the best part of the whole place is my private bathroom. It is pretty sweet only having to clean up after myself.




I love the new place and look forward to spending the whole year here.

2 comments:

Tio Bruno said...

That is sweet! Who's the dood with the guitar?

Natalie Jane said...

The dood with the guitar would be my boyfriend James. He helped me move in.